SearchWP version 3.0.6 has been made available to all active license holders. It is primarily a bugfix release with a couple of enhancements and is a recommended update for all license holders.
The biggest change in this version is an adjustment to how admin search interception is implemented. In order to take advantage of SearchWP’s index optimizations, you now need to specify which SearchWP engine is used when searching in the Admin/Dashboard.
There are additional optimizations and bugfixes that make SearchWP 3.0.6 more performant and display more relevant results in more cases.
- [New] When enabling Admin search hijacking you must now choose an engine to use for Admin searches
- [Change] Regex pattern matches are processed by min word length and stopword removal rules
- [New] New filter
searchwp_apply_rules_to_whitelisted_termscontrols whether rules (min word length, stopword removal) applies to whitelisted terms
- [Fix] Issue with partial matching when multiple searches are run for a single request
- [Fix] Prevent parent attribution when searching in the Admin (would result in false negatives)
- [Improvement] Partial match processing
- [Improvement] Handling of delta updates to reduce resource usage
- [Improvement] System Information is now more comprehensive
- [Update] Translation source