Table of Contents
Actions & Settings
SearchWP aims to cover the majority of use cases by default, but there are a number of Advanced settings to consider.
- Debugging enabled
- When ticked, HTML comment blocks will be included with search results, and debug information will be logged to
- Partial matches (fuzzy when necessary)
- Whether partial matches should be considered during searches. More info
- Automatic “Did you mean?” corrections
- When no results are found for a search, try to best guess the intended search and execute that search instead. More info
- Support “quoted/phrase searches”
- When search terms are wrapped in double quotes, results will be limited to those with an exact match. More info
- Highlight terms in results
- Automatically wrap search terms in a
<mark class="searchwp-highlight"></mark>tag. More info
- Parse Shortcodes when indexing
- Whether to expand Shortcodes prior to indexing. Note: expanded content will be indexed as it is during the time of indexing, not at the time of searches.
- Tokenize regex pattern matches
- When enabled, additional tokens will be generated from regex pattern matches. More info
- Remove minimum word length
- By default words less than 3 characters in length are discarded so as to reduce the size of the index.
- Indexer Paused
- Prevent the indexer from running.
- Reduced indexer aggressiveness
- Reduce the amount of work the indexer is doing during each pass.
- Delete parsed document content when rebuilding Index
- Remove extracted Document Content, PDF Metadata, and image EXIF data and re-parse when rebuilding Index.
- Remove all data on uninstall
- When deleted using the
Deletelink on the Plugins page of the WordPress Admin, all of SearchWP’s data will be permanently removed.
Note: all of these settings can be controlled using Hooks as well.
Engine Configuration Transfer
Using the Engine Configuration Transfer you can copy an export of your Engines from one installation and paste it into the Import of another.
Note: Any existing Engine will be overwritten!
After an Engine configuration has been imported you should rebuild the Index using the Rebuild Index button on the Engines tab of the SearchWP settings screen.