SearchWP’s Related Extension has just been updated to version 1.3 and is now available to all active license holders.
This is primarily a bug fix and optimization release but it also includes a new feature that allows you to specify individual entries you’d like to force to include for specific entries:
This allows you to manually curate an entry or two and have SearchWP fill in the remaining slots with its search results.
There are a few other small changes and bug fixes that help to make version 1.3 of Related do an even better job of finding related content that updates itself over time automatically.
- [New] Force specific Related entries for each entry
- [New] Related content is now cached for 12 hours
- [New] Hook to control query cache TTL in seconds
- [New] Hook to control whether caching is used
- [Fix] Auto-append not working in some cases
- [Fix] Pagination not respected in some cases
- [Fix] Default keywords not populated in some cases
- [Fix] Links to documentation
- [Change] Meta box no longer appears on non-public post types by default
- [Change] Additional results found if initial results set is too restricted by SearchWP
- [Update] Translation source
- [Update] Updated updater