Are you looking for the best affiliate marketing plugins for WordPress?
Choosing the right plugin is crucial, as it affects your affiliate sales.
We’ve picked the 5 most popular affiliate marketing plugins for WordPress in this article and made their detailed comparison.
We hope that it’ll help you to start getting more leads and grow your business.
Let’s dive in!
How to Choose the Right Plugin for Affiliate Marketing?
Before we get to the comparison, you should know that there are 2 common types of WordPress affiliate marketing plugins.
The first plugin type helps you manage your affiliate links.
It’s your choice if you have a blog and want to increase your income by promoting affiliate links from third-party publishers.
By using this kind of affiliate marketing plugin, you should be able to:
- Shorten your affiliate links, manage and place them across your site
- Track the performance of your affiliate campaigns
- Show affiliate ads based on your audience’s geolocation
- Get advanced data from Google Analytics
The second type of WordPress affiliate marketing plugin allows you to create an affiliate marketing platform.
It’s the right fit for you if you have your own products and want other people to promote and sell them.
A good plugin for creating affiliate marketing platforms should help you:
- Accept new affiliates and manage existing ones
- Track the performance of your affiliates
- Make payouts to your affiliates
- Customize your referral rate types
Both types of affiliate marketing plugins also have common factors that you should consider:
- Ease of use. The easier it is to set up and start using the plugin, the more affiliate sales you can make.
- Customer support. If you face any issues using a plugin, it’s great if you can get quick and professional help.
- Value for money. Since most of the best WordPress plugins aren’t free, you should aim to get the most value for your money.
With that, let’s look at the 5 best WordPress plugins for affiliate marketing.
AffiliateWP is one of the best WordPress plugins for affiliate marketing.
Using it, you can get your affiliate program up and running in minutes, even if you’re not a tech-savvy person.
This plugin comes with powerful tools and features that allow you to manage your affiliates and boost your sales.
For example, with Affiliate WP, you can accept new affiliates, track their performance, set referral rates, and many more.
It also has an affiliate area where your affiliates can get their referral links and have a detailed overview of their income.
Plus, AffiliateWP has integration with popular WordPress membership plugins and email marketing services. This list includes MailChimp, GetResponse, BuddyPress, and more.
This way, you can increase the number of your affiliate sales by sending promotional email newsletters to your mailing list.
- Quick and easy setup. Launch an affiliate program on your WordPress site in minutes, regardless of your technical experience.
- Easy affiliate registration. Get more affiliates with a convenient and customizable registration form that comes with AffiliateWP.
- Real-time reports. View detailed data about your affiliates’ performance in live mode without delays.
- Affiliates management. Approve new registrations with one click, edit affiliate accounts, set referral rates, and more.
- Fast payments. Pay your affiliates to their bank accounts in 37 countries using the integrated payouts service.
- Affiliate coupon tracking. Create coupon codes so that your affiliates can get referral rewards by promoting them.
- Referral link generator. The built-in AffiliateWP referral link generator allows your affiliates to quickly create their referral links in the affiliate dashboard.
- Powerful support. World-class customer service that is always ready to help you with any questions.
Cost: Starts at $149.50/year.
2. Pretty Links
Pretty Links is another popular WordPress plugin for affiliate link management. It has over 300,000 active installations and tons of positive reviews.
You can use it to shorten your affiliate links using your domain name. It makes them look more trustworthy to your visitors, which leads to a growth in your affiliate sales.
In addition, this plugin intelligently places your affiliate links throughout the content of your website.
Due to that, you can be sure that you won’t lose any opportunities to promote your links and increase affiliate profits.
- Custom link shortener. Turn your long default affiliate links into short and attractive ones to increase their click-through rate and start getting more leads.
- Intuitive interface. View and sort data on your affiliate links’ performance in a clean and user-friendly plugin interface.
- Branded links. Brand your short links to make them more credible to visitors and increase the number of clicks on them.
- Automatic link placement. PrettyLinks automatically places your affiliate links throughout your site, so you can save more time.
Cost: Free to download, and paid plans start at $79/year.
MonsterInsights is the #1 WordPress analytics plugin on the market, trusted by over 3 million users worldwide.
It allows you to integrate Google Analytics with your site in a few clicks without editing your site’s code.
Plus, MonsterInsights shows you actionable insights on how your visitors use your site.
You can better understand your audience and attract more traffic from search engines using this information.
This plugin also comes with the affiliate link tracking feature. Due to it, you can get in-depth reports on your affiliate campaigns and learn how to improve them.
- Affiliate links tracking. MonsterInsights collects comprehensive data on clicks on your affiliate links and ads placed on your site.
- Advanced Google Analytics integration. Get detailed Google Analytics reports right in your WordPress dashboard without leaving your site.
- Page-level analytics. Find out which posts and pages on your sites are most popular with your audience and adjust your content strategy.
- Real-time statistics. Learn who is online on your site, what they’re doing, and where they came to your site from.
Cost: Free to download, and paid plans start at $99.5/year.
ThirstyAffiliates is one of the most powerful WordPress plugins for affiliate link management.
Using this plugin, you can shorten your affiliate links, insert them into blog posts on your site, and check how many clicks they get.
It also comes with plenty of useful features like smart uncloaking, third-party link importing, and many more.
Over 400,000 site owners already use ThirstyAffiliate to promote their affiliate links and boost their affiliate sales.
- Autolink keywords. Specify keywords you want to replace with your affiliate links in your content, and Thirsty Affiliates will do that.
- Performance reports. Get detailed statistics about the number of clicks on your referral links, their CTR, and other helpful affiliate data.
- Geolocation targeting. Show different affiliate links depending on the visitor’s location to boost your sales.
- Link fixer. Stop leaving money on the table with the built-in link fixer that ensures there are no broken links on your site.
Cost: Starts at $49/year.
EasyAffiliate is another WordPress plugin designed to help you run an affiliate program on your site.
It’s a great choice if you sell products online and want other people to make money with you by promoting them.
Like AffiliateWP, this plugin allows you to manage your affiliates, track their performance, and more.
EasyAffiliate comes with built-in PayPal integration to help you pay your affiliates in a few clicks.
- Third-party integrations. Like AffiliateWP, EasyAffiliate has seamless integration with various WordPress eCommerce plugins.
- Fraud detection. Get alerts on any suspicious affiliate activity with an advanced fraud detection system.
- Live stats. As with AffiliateWP, you can get real-time reports on your affiliates’ performance metrics using this plugin.
- Affiliate dashboard. EasyAffiliate has a user-friendly dashboard where your affiliates can access metrics and creative assets.
Cost: Starts at $99.5/year.
Bonus Plugin: SearchWP
SearchWP is the #1 WordPress search plugin on the market. It comes with many useful features that’ll help you improve search on your site and increase the number of affiliate sales.
Using this plugin, you can make WordPress index custom fields, taxonomies, shortcodes, and other valuable data.
It allows you to deliver more relevant search results to your visitors, making them spend more time on your site.
The more time they spend exploring your content, the more likely they will click on one of your affiliate links.
SearchWP also gives you complete control over your site search results.
For example, you can easily exclude any page from search or put your best selling affiliate products at the top of the search results.
- Full search customization. Customize your site’s search to suit your needs in minutes without writing a single line of code.
- eCommerce plugin integrations. Make WordPress consider product attributes when performing a search to boost your affiliate sales.
- Track your visitors’ searches. Get valuable insights into what visitors are searching for on your site so you can develop new products or content ideas.
- Enhanced media files search. With SearchWP, you can include PDF files and Office documents into search results on your site.
Cost: Starts at $99/year.
Which WordPress Plugin for Affiliate Marketing is the Best?
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, there are 2 common types of WordPress affiliate marketing plugins.
We’ll also have 2 winners, one plugin of each type.
After comparing the top WordPress plugins for creating an affiliate platform, we believe AffiliateWP is the best option.
That’s the most comprehensive and easy-to-use solution you can use to launch your affiliate platform in minutes.
With AffiliateWP, you can easily accept and manage affiliates, get real-time reports, and make payouts with just a few clicks.
This plugin also seamlessly integrates with the most popular WordPress eCommerce and membership plugins, so you can give your affiliates more ways to sell and promote your products.
In addition, using AffiliateWP, you can always get help from the professional support team. There is also an extensive knowledge base for advanced users who prefer to learn how the plugin works on their own.
As for the best WordPress plugin for managing affiliate links, our top pick is Thirsty Affiliates.
That’s not only a link management plugin but also a tool that allows you to start getting more leads.
Thirsty Affiliates automatically places your affiliate links across your site. This way, you can maximize the number of clicks on them and save a lot of time while doing affiliate marketing.
We hope that this article helped you find the best affiliate marketing plugin for your WordPress website.
If you’re ready to launch your affiliate program using the most powerful WordPress plugin, you can get started with AffiliateWP here.
Looking for a plugin for digital downloads? Check out our 5 best WordPress eCommerce plugins for digital downloads showcase.
You may also want to check our handpicked list of 7 best WordPress search plugins to boost your site search.